Tentative Schedule (adjusted Sept. 5)

Tentative Schedule (adjusted Sept. 5)

Sunday 25 March 2018

Introducing Mrs. Marie Downey

Hello and Welcome Back!
Mrs. Marie Downey

I hope everyone has had an awesome March Break.  I am Mrs. Marie Downey and I will be teaching Ms. Khan's Grade 5 classroom. This post is to provide you with some information about me!

I took my first BA over 30 years ago at a small private college in New Brunswick, where I met and married my wonderful husband, Russell. We have lived in several locations, including spending 6 years residing in Virginia Beach, Virginia, where my husband served in the Persian Gulf War. We have 3 wonderful adult children, a daughter and identical twin boys. After my sons had grown, I returned to school to fulfill my lifelong dream of becoming a public school teacher. I graduated in 2013 with my second BA, majoring in Science & Tech Studies and French. Lastly, I graduated in 2014 with my Bachelor of Education Degree in Elementary Education.

Since then, I was an Occasional Teacher in New Brunswick for 2 years, often teaching Grade 5. Then I moved with my children to Ontario, where I have worked as a French teacher in 2 other private schools, 1 of which was an IB school. My daughter and son are attending Sheridan College, enrolled in the Honour's Bachelor of Game Design, and we currently reside in Oakville, Ontario.

I look forward to meeting everyone on Monday March 26th.

See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment