Tentative Schedule (adjusted Sept. 5)

Tentative Schedule (adjusted Sept. 5)

Saturday 7 October 2017

Thanksgiving Thursday

Hello parents and students,

I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far and are relaxing after our hectic yet amazing International Day.

Firstly, I would like to thank all the students and parents in making International day, and specifically the Spain Project so great. I had numerous parents, teachers, and students that came and told me that the project was amazing and the students were all involved and well informed. I call it a very successful day. Below are some pictures from the event, if you have more please feel free to send them to me and I will post them to the blog. Also, I have included two pictures of the chef behind our gazpacho and the recipe for it in case you would like it.







Besides International day, we completed our spelling test and got started with the new unit for math: patterns. Our first lesson was about input and output machines. The trick to finding the pattern on the machine is to look at just the columns first (input and then output) to find their patterns and then you look at the overall pattern across the rows. Here is a link for video that explainsinput/output machines. For homework the students have to complete pages 1-3 and sheet 4 is a challenge sheet, however the video does go through how to complete these types of problems at 6:36.

Additionally, I wanted to let you know that tests have been marked but because these are the first tests I did not want to hand them back without conferencing the students individually to prevent the students from making the same mistake again next test. If you would like to know your child’s mark this weekend, please feel free to e-mail me and I will share their results.

For UOI, the students were introduced to the science fair project, I have sent the package home this weekend for you to look over, there is a parent letter attached. This weekend, the children have to create a problem or question that involves matter, chemical or physical change, you can help them with finding a project and they must get your approval. On Tuesday, they need to come back with their folders and the remainder of the science fair will be completed in class since it is the UOI summative. Here is a link to a website that is great for getting ideas.

Homework/Reminders
  • ·      Math: complete input/output sheet 1,2,3 and 4 is a challenge (video for help)
  • ·      UOI: Look over science fair packet with parents, and create question/problem-only page 1 (website for ideas), Tuesday bring back entire folder to school.


I hope everyone has an amazing long weekend and Thanksgiving, see you on Tuesday,


Ms. Khan

No comments:

Post a Comment