Dear parents and students,
I hope everyone is having a great day so far. Today, we started the day of with our math table discussions about decimals. We then continued the decimal discussion by learning about other ways we can express decimals: money, fractions, place-value charts, words etc. There are three sheets tonight for homework based on this.
In language, we continued our discussion on speeches and we looked at the OREO persuasion writing method, we then watched a video about a 10-year-old that presented a speech on kindness. We followed the OREO method with the video and discussed the overall speech. Here is a link to the video.
In UOI, we reviewed the phyla ID card rubric and then I did a mock presentation on a mysterious phyla, the students had to follow with the animalia phyla trees and based on the information they had to guess my phyla, which was chordata. This gave the students an exact idea about how to do their own project. Next, the students worked with their partner on the ID cards. Here are some pictures of the groups working.
- Math: Decimals and money sheet, and the tenths and hundredths sheet
- Language: Spelling lesson 15 (sorry about the error earlier) due tomorrow as well as spelling lesson 15
- Please bring back ski trip field trip form
- Ripley's field trip Friday, January 19
- Ski trip Wednesday, January 24
- This is a friendly reminder that all January Lunch payments are due tomorrow. After tomorrow, late fees will apply onto the Freshbooks invoices.
Have a great night,