Tentative Schedule (adjusted Sept. 5)

Tentative Schedule (adjusted Sept. 5)

Thursday 7 September 2017

First Day Jitters Over


Hello Parents and students,

The first jittery day is over and what a great day it was! We started by getting to know our classmates; we played a game called question ball. It was a great introduction for everyone including me.

Next, we learned the great art of discussion groups; each table had to come up with a group name and tags to decorate. We now have the Winners, Smarties, Anonymous, and Fireballs as our new table groups.

We have also started our classroom expectations (Tweets), which reflect the IB learner profiles and attitudes. The children will continue to work on those through Thursday and Friday we will present them to the class.

This year, I would like the students to take greater responsibility, therefore I will not be signing agendas or checking for signatures. The students know that if there is a message for me in the agenda to drop it off on my desk in the morning. I will periodically check the agenda to make sure homework and notes are being written down. The students know that this responsibility will be taken away if they do not complete homework.  

REMINDERS:
·       Please sign the last page in the student handbook it was one of the attachments in the welcome e-mail I sent out last week. Please let me know if you would like me to send it again or if you would like a printout.
·       Please make sure that students have their gym uniforms and extra snacks for second lunch
·       I do plan on using technology in the classroom, if you would like to send a device with your child, they may store it in the locked box in my room. The first day I plan to use technology in the classroom is next week.

Please feel free to contact me anytime for any questions or concerns,

Ms.Khan 

No comments:

Post a Comment