Hello parents and students,
We have finished our first math check! Yah! The students worked very hard on it. There is a picture below of the hard working students.
After the quiz, there was a lesson on mental math, I showed the children 4 different strategies and then we shared some of the other ones they know. We then completed a mental math riddle, a few students still need to complete it for homework. The students can use any strategy they want BUT they have to use 1 strategy and show their work.
For language, we learned peer editing and then we peer-edited the reading logs. Moving forward, the reading logs will only be assigned on Fridays and due on Monday.
Here is a picture of two of our great editors.
In UOI, we reviewed the scientific method and watched a Brain Pop video on it. We discussed each of the terms and what they mean. Starting from tomorrow, we will periodically start using technology in class, so please send a device if possible. I do have a locked drawer in my class if you prefer the device is not in their backpack. Do not feel obligated to send a device; we do have tablets available if necessary.
- · Math: Complete math challenge (if not completed in class) and pg 51-52# 4,5,6,7- 9 is the challenge question
- · Language: Read 30 minutes
- · Spelling lesson 2 due Friday
- · Please bring a device tomorrow
- · Scholastic order due September 27
- · Welcome BBQ forms due September 27 (Freshbooks or cash only please)
Have a great night,