Dear parents and students,
I hope everyone is having a chilled evening so far; today was a nice and cool indoor day for us. We started off with math, where we reviewed order of operations. Next, we started lesson 9: Adding and Subtracting Whole numbers. We then reviewed a note on strategies and completed 3 different practice questions including a word problem. Here is a video that may help with adding and subtracting whole numbers.
Later on, we combined UOI and language. We discussed the importance of bibliographies and why we need them for any research we do (including science and language). The students then got together with their partners and completed research for Spain; they had to fill out an organizer that had a bibliography on the back. Tonight, they have to continue working on it; they need to have at least 3 different resources. Here are some pictures from the great group work today.
I handed back math quizzes today, I would like parents to review them and then send them back tomorrow. I will be creating math folders for the students and they will be adding review sheets for any questions they have wrong.
- · Math: pg 62-63: 1d, 2d, 3, 6, 7, 10, challenge question-9
- MATH TEST: tentative date Monday, October 2nd
- · Language: Read 30 minutes, (NO SPELLING TONIGHT), work on Spain research (organizer)
- · If possible, the children are encouraged to bring in devices all week
- · Wear gym clothes all day tomorrow (Terry Fox Run)
- · Last chance to bring in Toonies for Terry
- · Please bring in BBQ forms – due Wednesday, September 27
- · Scholastic order last day Wednesday, September 27